Let’s face it, how many New Year’s resolutions do we make and then within a few weeks, we have either dropped them because they are too difficult or we have forgotten about them. I for one an guilty.
This year I thought I’d try something different.
Here’s to 2012. This is the year of me.
- This year I will look in the mirror and learn to love what I see. 2011 saw me drop over 60 pounds but losing the weight didn’t change what I saw in my mirror. I may have a slimmer body but my mind still sees something else. So 2012 will see me learning to love Leisa with all her faults and flaws and imperfections.
- This year I will not take offense. I have lost many dear ones over the course of my life because I could not forgive. 2012 will see me forgiving others before I take offense and hopefully, forgiving myself more.
- This year I will gain compassion. I am as selfish as they come. I want others to see my point of view. So in 2012, I will put myself in someone else’s shoes and hope to see things from their viewpoint.
- This year I will give more. I will look for more opportunities to serve others. I will stop looking inward and look outward to find ways to change my environment and the lives of those I touch, for the better.
- This year I will strengthen my relationship with my God and my Savior. Past years have seen me fall far short as a true believer. So 2012 will see me working towards a closer relationship with my Heavenly Father and my brother, Jesus Christ.
A step at a time, a small change here and there. 2012 is my year to focus on becoming a better, happier, more loving, more caring me.